Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ye Grand 'Ol Podcast Swap


Hi, my name is Andrew, and I'm addicted to podcasts.

Ok, so I would really like to start a cyber support group via this very blog for those who share this addiction, or even a tiny, eensy weensy little interest in podcasts. I am going to share a podcast I listen to each week or so for the next while....and why I listen to it.

The biggest reason of course is that I spend on average, 7 hours in front of this very computer every single day editing photos, communicating with clients, and generally doing what a good little photographer should be doing (other than of course, taking photos).
As you can imagine...it can get dull from time to time, so I have my ipod (to save system speed for photoshop, of course) and listen to podcasts. Any podcast I list can be found on itunes (which is free, and stupendous). Here is the first one!

CBC Radio: Quirks and Quarks

The host is a bit goofy, but this is definitely my favourite Science podcast. It is very educational, and often talks about pertinent cosmological theory. Of particular note (for any theists out there) is an interview with Jesuit astronomer Guy Consolmagno on theistic cosmology. For those interested, one of the very latest podcasts (I think three weeks ago) discussed the genetics of homosexuality: very interesting!

So, if you listen to podcasts (downloadable internet radio shows), let me know which ones. I am constantly looking to broaden my podcastsphere!

2 comments:

NathanColquhoun said...

that is a great podcast.

A few of my favorites is...

Stupid Church People
Mosaic Podcast

Podcasts are great, its such a revolutionary idea in my opinion and i think every church should jump on board this, it would really keep people connected to the current teachings.

Andrew said...

Hey Nathan,

Thanks for the podcasts....I think I actually got Stupid Church People from your blog somewhere and it's probably my favourite podcast right now....so funny.