Thursday, March 01, 2007

Six Months, Six Singles


It's Story time, which means you will get a story and have to GIVE a story (please).

Here is the challenge, list six songs that have affected your life in the last six months that you have recieved through different avenues. I want to share with you some of the music that I have found in the last six months, and how I found them. Since I am always looking, please do share.

1. 'Wasted One' by Cary Brothers - I found it because I heard a song by Cary Brothers on the TV show 'Grey's Anatomy'. I went onto itunes, found some other songs by the same artist, and voila, discovered a great collection of songs, but this one especially resonated with me.

2. 'Break the Same' by MuteMath - I heard a song of their's on the radio, 102.1 the Edge, and immediately dug the music. I went onto Itunes, grabbed the album, and this is my favourite song on it. I'm going to see them live in Toronto one week from tonight!

3. 'Jesusland' by Ben Folds - I listen to the Relevant Podcast and they had an interview with this guy. The song is just kind of cool, in a Christianity-is-lame sort of way.

4. 'Find Me Here' by The Silent - I was photographing a concert of theirs for Heritage Bible College, and really liked the music. Again, hopped onto itunes, picked up the album and this is my favourite on there.

5. 'You can Have it All' by Yo La Tengo - My sister Missy gave me the CD, and this is my favourite on the disc.

6. 'Edge of the Ocean [Duotone Mix]' by Ivy - A friend introduced me to Pandora, a free internet Radio service that lets you make custom stations based on the music you like. This song came up in the radio station I made that played songs similar to 'In the Waiting Line' by Zero 7.

3 comments:

YT said...

Hmm trying to find any music that I enjoy is pretty hard. Especially recently.

So here is a list in no particular order and probably not within the last 6 months

1. Nelly Furtado - Say it Right - Just a really cool song to listen to... although I have no clue as to what it is about

2. Nickleback - If Everyone Cared - It seems they always seem to have at least one interesting song on their recent albums. The video is pretty cool as well.

3.Fort Minor - Where'd you go - Popular song from a while back. Kinda cautioned me that if I ever get around to relationship/family stuff I'd have to knock off the workaholic ways.

4. Hootie and the Blowfish - The Killing Stone - Yes they still make music... off their most recent album. Interesting commentary on Bushs' stance on abortion and war.

5. Linkin Park - Numb - Cause some days you can just identify.

Jared said...

hey,

I don't have a list of songs but just wanted to say thanks for responding to my post. It's too bad there's not a way to get a discussion going on here, or is there? Does "it" notify you if I respond to your messages?

Re: what you said, I think you're right, fair trade is a step in the right direction. I also agree, though, that in order for food and money to be distributed equitably on a global scale we in the West need to simplify our lifestyles. Even if we give charitably on top of what we already consume, it doesn't seem sustainable either from a social justice standpoint or an ecological standpoint.

Jared

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.